The map below shows every country I’ve visited on my travels so far:
Number of continents: 5 out of 7
Number of countries: 40 out of 193, using the United Nations list.
Number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites: 49 out of 962
List of countries:
- Morocco (Casablanca, Chefchaouen, Essaouira, Marrakech, Tangier, the Sahara Desert).
- Cambodia (Kampot, Kep, Koh Rong, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Sihanoukville)
- China (Beijing, Shanghai, Xi’an)
- Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
- Indonesia (Bali)
- Laos (Luang Prabang, Si Phan Don)
- Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Penang)
- The Philippines (Boracay, Bohol, Cebu, Coron, Manila)
- Singapore (Singapore)
- South Korea (Seoul)
- Taiwan (Taipei, Taichung, Sun Moon Lake, Kaohsiung, Hualien)
- Thailand (Bangkok, Chiang Dao, Chiang Khong, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Koh Chang, Koh Lanta, Koh Lipe, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Yao Noi, Lampang, Nan, Pai, Phayao, Phrae, Phu Lang Ka, Phuket, Sukhothai)
- Vietnam (Bac Lieu, Ben Tre, Ca Mau, Can Tho, My Tho, Rach Gia, Rach Tau, Saigon, Soc Trang, Tra Vinh)
Australia and Oceania:
- Australia (Brisbane, Byron Bay, Eden, Katoomba, Melbourne, Port Macquarie, Sydney)
- New Zealand (Abel Tasman National Park, Akaroa, Arrowtown, Ashburton, Auckland, Cape Reinga, the Catlins, Christchurch, Collingwood, Doubtful Sound, Dunedin, Fox Glacier, Franz Josef, Golden Bay, Hamilton, Hanmer Springs, Lake Waikaremoana, Manapouri, Mount Maunganui, Milford Sound, Napier, National Park, Nelson, Oamaru, Paihia, Picton, Punakaiki, Queen Charlotte Track, Queenstown, Raglan, Rotorua, Taupo, Tekapo, Tongariro Crossing, Wanaka, Waitomo, Wellington)
- Austria (Vienna)
- Belgium (Bruges)
- Bosnia And Herzegovina (Mostar, Sarajevo)
- Bulgaria (Plovdiv, Veliko Tarnovo)
- Croatia (Brac, Dubrovnik, Pag, Plitvice Lakes, Split, Zadar, Zagreb)
- Cyprus (Pathos)
- Czech Republic (Prague)
- France (Paris)
- Germany (Cologne, Frankfurt)
- Hungary (Budapest, Lake Balaton, Eger)
- Italy (Rome)
- Montenegro (Ulcinj)
- Netherlands (Amsterdam)
- Portugal (Albufeira, Porto)
- Romania (Brasov, Bucharest, Sighisoara)
- Russia (Moscow, St Petersburg)
- Serbia (Belgrade)
- Slovakia (Bratislava)
- Slovenia (Bled, Ljubljana)
- Spain (Barcelona, Costa Brava, Mallorca, Valencia)
- Switzerland (Geneva)
- Turkey (Fethiye, Istanbul, Pamukkale, Selcuk)
- Ukraine (Kiev)
- United Kingdom (Brighton, London, Manchester)
Where I’ve lived:
- Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- London, England.
- Portland, Oregon, United States.
I count places I’ve lived in as anywhere I stayed for a minimum of 30 days and usually somewhere where I rented an apartment.
In 2013, I am planning to visit some new states in the US (Washington, Oregon, Massachusetts, Washington DC) and take my first steps in Canada with a trip to see family in Vancouver. I’m then hoping to travel through Mexico, Cuba, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama!